Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Feature Friday features Tracey Phillips of Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery


Welcome to our regular Friday Feature here at Creation|Collaboration - today we're featuring Tracey Phillips from Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery


 Hi Tracey and thanks so much for chatting with us today.  Can  you introduce us to you and your company?
My name is Tracey Phillips, I am 38 years old and am the owner of Bridal Designs Wedding Jewellery. I design and handcraft bridal jewellery with Sterling silver and Swarovski crystal.


Where did the idea of running this as a business come from?
I was working in a jewellery shop and started studying the jewellery closely - how the stones were attached and the wire looped, I was curious as to how it was done and started looking on the internet for jewellery making instructions. After a lot of practice I made up a few pieces, my sister saw them and asked if I could make her a necklace for her wedding. After changing her mind a few times (brides/womans prerogative!) and after she had chosen her necklace I ended up with quite a collection of different necklaces with no homes. I bravely decided to approach a local wedding shop t see if they would be interested in stocking the jewellery. I was terrified walking into the shop but they said on the spot that they would be interested and I’m still working with them 2 years later,along with others. A year ago I decided to make the move to online selling also and set up my website.


What do you love most about your business?
I love working for myself and I love the feedback I get from brides-It’s the biggest day of their lives and they have allowed me a part of that. I always feel privileged.

What would you like to change?
I’d like to know more about websites so that I could do more to it myself…unfortunately I am quite technically challenged!

What is your aim for the next year?
I have no delusions of world domination-I would just like to be recognised as someone who makes quality jewellery and cares about her customers.

Where do you ultimately see yourself?
As a recognised name in the Bridal market and successful enough to have someone on call 24/7 to sort my website for me!


What are your Top 5 tips for new Business Women?
Tip 1 Don’t let people tell you you can’t succeed
Tip 2 Don’t tell yourself you can’t succeed!
Tip 3 Use Twitter and Facebook-Invaluable for contacts
Tip 4 Listen to yourself-if something doesn’t feel right it’s probably not
Tip 5 Carry your business cards everywhere you go and if you make something wearable-wear it! You are your own best walking advert

How do we contact you?
I can be contacted via my website at http://www.bridaldesignsweddingjewellery.co.uk/ or you can email me at info@bridaldesignsweddingjewellery.co.uk; I can also be found on Facebook at http://www.bridaldesignsweddingjewellery.co.uk/ or on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/bridaldesigns

Thanks so much for talking to us today Tracey - your designs are absolutely wonderful!!


Remember to check out our blog next Friday for another Feature Friday article - if you would like your company featured, please drop us an email at creationcollaboration@yahoo.com and put the words "Feature Friday" in the subject line. 

5 comments:

  1. I can see why your sister wanted you to design her jewellery - your designs are gorgeous!!

    Thanks for sharing CC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely items! Congrats on making such beautiful jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the website, can't see there's much to sort out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for your lovely comments *blushes*
    and thanks to Creation Collaboration for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely jeweller.
    And you are welcome, we loved featuring you, why not come and join us on the forum too.

    ali x

    ReplyDelete