Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Creation|Collaboration Feature Friday - Kirsty Mussett of Your Wedding Dress!


We're really delighted to be bringing you our 8th Feature Friday - today we're featuring Kirsty Mussett of Your Wedding Dress.



Hi Kirsty, thanks for talking to us today.  Can you introduce us to yourself and your company?
Hello everybody, my name is Kirsty Mussett of Your Wedding Dress. I am 23 years old, but don't let my age fool you! ;-) I married my fab husband James last year and we stay in Helensburgh. I opened my bridal boutique in Helensburgh on the 16th January of this year and have loved every minute of the process.
 

Kirsty & James at their wedding

Where did the idea of running this as a business come from?
I graduated from University with a Degree in Business and Management, including modules in Public Relations, Marketing and Communications & the Media.  Arising from this, I was employed as an Event Co-ordinator at The Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel for two years. Gaining extensive knowledge within this position, I moved onto setting up my own wedding and events business august 2009. From there, the idea came of opening my bridal shop. I have always dreamed of running my own business since I was young - I think this was helped by the fact that both my parents also run their own companies. The step from employed to self-employed was a big risk - but sometimes these risks are worth taking!


What do you love most about your business?
I love the fact that I have free reign on my company and the decisions are soley down to myself. I think this ensures you take more care for your work which is then translated into a better service to your customer.  I also love watching when my brides find their dream dress for their special day - there is NO better feeling than seeing the happiness on someone's face and knowing you have a little input into that happiness. I also love the challenge of every day work and new and exciting decisions to make.

What would you like to change?
I would probably like a bigger shop! Although I am very fortunate to have the store I do, I realise I need to start off small and work my way up - the safer option!

What is your aim for the next year?
Next year, I aim to have taken on another designer for my bridal gowns, and to be recognised in the industry as a young dynamic 24-year old who continues to bring great customer service to the industry and to grow and build new and exciting contacts.

Where do you ultimately see yourself?
I see myself competing on a par with the big companies - even though I come from a small town, it's important to me to show that even an independent business can demonstrate the skills required to succeed in this current economy.


What are your Top 5 Tips for new business women?
Tip 1: Really put yourself out there, word of mouth is a great form of advertising; if you make the right contacts, this can really work for you.

Tip 2: Build strong relationships, even with your "competitors"; you never know when a prospect to help each may happen.

Tip 3: Try and find out what funding is available to you, business gateway are a fantastic organisation to help and support you.

Tip 4: Networking events can really work for you! Just choose the right ones for yourself and your business and there will be no stopping you!!

Tip 5: Have fun, enjoy your business. You are starting a new life for yourself and your family, but you need to enjoy life. Don't stress, every situation can be worked out with a little bit of patience...ok a lot...and a supportive network around you.


A few last words - How can prospective clients contact you?

My address is:
Your Wedding Consultant
28 Sinclair Street
Helensburgh
G84 8SU

Telephone: 0044 (0) 1436 670 339
Websitehttp://www.yourweddingconsultant.net/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/yweddingconsult

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000872020365

Thank you so much Kirsty for talking us today, your store and dresses sound utterly fabulous! I can totally imagine that there have been many tears of happiness shed when brides have found your amazing creations!

Next week, we'll be featuring another guest contributor - make sure to check back next Friday!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great feature, good luck with your business Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely images, any bride would be proud to have any of those dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images and a great story. Congratulations and all the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous article, I love it and the tips are great, it helps to know I am doing it right and am on the right tracks.....you can always Stock my tiaras in your gorgeous bridal shop! LOL
    After reading this I am now going to follow your blog creation collaboration. X
    Well done Kirsty and I wish you continued success. X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies for the very kind messages of support. A big thankyou for giving me the opportunity to showcase my business! The very very best of luck to all your new ventures :-) x

    ReplyDelete